Welcome to The Networked Learning Conference HOT SEATS 2015-2016!

We are pleased to announce the 2015-2016 Hot Seat series for researchers and practitioners to meet online and discuss timely issues under the guidance of leading experts in the Networked Learning field. Each Hot Seat is free and open, and will be available for the duration of a week.

Hot Seat schedule:

March 13-19, 2016 Jim Groom is facilitating the March Hot Seat: Clouds, Containers, and APIs, Oh My!

The Hot Seats are associated with the 2016 Networked Learning Conference.

COMPLETED Hot Seats:
February 14-20, 2016 [Anatoliy Gruzd facilitated the February Hot Seat: Using Social Network Analysis to Study Networked Learning in Social Media] (http://forum.networkedlearning.net/c/february2016-sna)
January 24-30, 2016 Don Passey facilitated the January Hot Seat: Doctoral Studies in Networked Learning?
December 6-12, 2015 Steve Wright facilitated the December Hot Seat: What have the ANTs ever done for us? Packing your cases to follow the actors…
November 8-14, 2015 Sonia Livingstone facilitated the November Hot Seat: Boundaries and Limits of Networked and Connected Learning
October 25-31, 2015 Mike Sharples facilitated the October 2015 Hot Seat: Massive Open Social Learning

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

I am new to this hot seat and to the network of Networked Learning. Can someone explain me how could i participate in one the weeks? Thank you in advance

Welcome, Carole! As you are now a member by the fact you created an account here, you should get alerts once we start gearing up for the Hot Seats in another couple weeks. Hope you find them enjoyable (or at least frustratingly thought-provoking!!).

Is there more information about the set up and content of the first hot seat. What kind of contributions do you expect from the participants?

Welcome, @wrubens! You are in the right place! The discussion starters for the first Hot Seat will be posted in another week or so, and the intention is to have an open discussion about the topic, as facilitated by the first Hot Seat leader, Mike Sharples. As you have already created an account here on our platform, you should get information about the posts in about a week. Glad to have you on board!

This platform looks great. Wonderful improvement over Ning. The Walled Garden was nice while it lasted.

Mark

Hello everyone
Thanks Jeffrey for all the good work here.
I’m looking forward to the hot seat conversations. This interface appears to be a great improvement :fireworks:

Thanks; the last thing we want is for the technology to prevent the networked learning :wink:

Hi Wilfred,
Here is just a bit more information i shared to advertise Mike’s hot seat:

This month Mike Sharples will kick off our new Networked Learning Hot Seat series. On October 25th Mike will lead us into a conversation on “Massive Open Social Learning”. This Hot Seat will be active for a week. Be sure to take part and make this a lively (massive) social learning event. The Hot Seats are free and open to whoever is interested.

Mike Sharples’ research involves human-centred design of new technologies and environments for learning. It involves gaining a deep understanding of how people work, play, learn and interact as a foundation for the design of novel socio-technical systems (people in interaction with technology).

More information about Mike Sharples: http://www.open.ac.uk/people/ms8679

I’ll look forward to the discussion starting October 25th. Next week I’m away at the mLearn conference on mobile learning - back refreshed and ready on Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up and have a good conference Mike!

… and in the meantime it may well be possible that some conversations in your hot seat have already started when you log-on on Sunday.
The ‘crowd’ is ready for it :smile:

Maarten

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

As we officially kick off our 2nd Hot Seat today, we want to thank @SoniaLivingstone for offering to spend this week with us to facilitate a topic that has not as frequently been explored as it merits. Speaking for both @maarten and myself, we welcome this week’s discussion and how we may better understand this together.

Jeffrey

Thank you for the welcome. I am loving it, though not that much time to participate much. The idea to learn about API, cloud and ducker metaphor is great. I need to understand better the inside of the Web, so I am happy to be here.